Product Marketing Lead
Palo Alto, CA / Remote
At Aklivity we are building a universal API layer for streaming by way of our event-driven API Gateway “Zilla”. We are focused on developer success, bottom-up adoption, and open source.
Zilla provides a unified, external interface to event-driven services and data. Zilla natively supports a range of network and messaging protocols, including Kafka. This enables it to expose event-streams to clients over their APIs of choice. Non-Kafka apps can now publish and subscribe to Kafka topics without the need for intermediary brokers, services and even Kafka Connect.
With Zilla, developers are empowered to extend event-driven architectures to the edge. Streaming data to mobile/web apps for immersive end-user experiences becomes simpler; ingesting IoT readings at scale becomes more cost-effective; providing external partners with secure access to internal event-streams becomes possible. Developers are also able to seamlessly interface batched services to event-streams, and bridge request-response and messaging deployments like never before.
The Aklivity team previously pioneered WebSocket, creating an enterprise-ready solution that still powers real-time applications across the Fortune 500 to this day. Aklivity launched in July 2021 and is backed by prominent Silicon Valley venture capital funds and leading industry experts.
The Impact You'll Have
- Develop our messaging framework, and extend it to verticals based on use cases.
- Drive the launch of new features including associated content for enablement.
- Manage and maintain the sales deck, and help tailor it to sales opportunities.
- Own and drive content strategy for technical blogs, ebooks and reports.
- Partner with product to develop pricing and packaging for new services.
- Partner with demand generation to build and execute industry-specific campaigns.
- Build and maintain customer references, use cases and ROI calculators to communicate Zilla’s value proposition.
- Help with quarterly PR and AR efforts to drive awareness and thought leadership.
The Superpowers You Possess
- Passion for early stage environments and a mission-driven mindset.
- 2+ years as a product marketer for cloud or dev infrastructure products or SaaS.
- Hands-on experience in developing messaging targeted at a technical audience.
- Proven experience in managing successful product launches, and related activities.
- Ability to execute in all aspects of sales enablement, including custom messaging, decks, competitive positioning, release training, deal support etc.
- Meticulous project management skills, and ability coordinate across teams with an eye for details, and schedules, and empathy to operate in remote-first environments
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, keen sense for web/graphics design, communication skills.
- Experience with SaaS analytics, and ability to define, collect and analyze metrics hands-on to guide business decisions.
- Technical background in relevant industries or aptitude to learn.
- Computer science degree(s) with an MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.