Developer Experience Engineer
Palo Alto, CA / Remote
At Aklivity we are building a universal API layer for streaming by way of our event-driven API Gateway “Zilla”. We are focused on developer success, bottom-up adoption, and open source.
Zilla provides a unified, external interface to event-driven services and data. Zilla natively supports a range of network and messaging protocols, including Kafka. This enables it to expose event-streams to clients over their APIs of choice. Non-Kafka apps can now publish and subscribe to Kafka topics without the need for intermediary brokers, services and even Kafka Connect.
With Zilla, developers are empowered to extend event-driven architectures to the edge. Streaming data to mobile/web apps for immersive end-user experiences becomes simpler; ingesting IoT readings at scale becomes more cost-effective; providing external partners with secure access to internal event-streams becomes possible. Developers are also able to seamlessly interface batched services to event-streams, and bridge request-response and messaging deployments like never before.
The Aklivity team previously pioneered WebSocket, creating an enterprise-ready solution that still powers real-time applications across the Fortune 500 to this day. Aklivity launched in July 2021 and is backed by prominent Silicon Valley venture capital funds and leading industry experts.
The Impact You'll Have
- Contribute to Zilla’s adoption and growth.
- Create engaging and highly technical content (tutorials, blog posts, code examples, etc.)
- Collaborate with engineering teams to discuss the technologies and workflows, and create top-notch documentation.
- Work with customers, product, support, and engineering to determine the best set of features to support and the best ways to support them.
- Speak at online and offline events.
The Superpowers You Possess
- Previous software engineering experience (preferably full-stack) or 5+ years of developer advocacy.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into clear, comprehensive, developer-focused documentation.
- Meticulous project management skills, ability to collaborate in remote environments, high bar for quality of output.
- Experience diving into large, unknown domains and being able to incrementally drive projects to success.
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented attitude.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technical Communications, or related experience.
Kindly Highlight (if applicable)
- Experience working with Apache Kafka® (event streaming), databases, or distributed systems.
- Experience with API management.
- Technical writing experience.