Community Marketing Lead
Palo Alto, CA / Remote
At Aklivity we are building a universal API layer for streaming by way of our event-driven API Gateway “Zilla”. We are focused on developer success, bottom-up adoption, and open source.
Zilla provides a unified, external interface to event-driven services and data. Zilla natively supports a range of network and messaging protocols, including Kafka. This enables it to expose event-streams to clients over their APIs of choice. Non-Kafka apps can now publish and subscribe to Kafka topics without the need for intermediary brokers, services and even Kafka Connect.
With Zilla, developers are empowered to extend event-driven architectures to the edge. Streaming data to mobile/web apps for immersive end-user experiences becomes simpler; ingesting IoT readings at scale becomes more cost-effective; providing external partners with secure access to internal event-streams becomes possible. Developers are also able to seamlessly interface batched services to event-streams, and bridge request-response and messaging deployments like never before.
The Aklivity team previously pioneered WebSocket, creating an enterprise-ready solution that still powers real-time applications across the Fortune 500 to this day. Aklivity launched in July 2021 and is backed by prominent Silicon Valley venture capital funds and leading industry experts.
The Impact You'll Have
- Devise and lead Aklivity’s community growth and engagement strategy.
- Test, manage, and optimize marketing channels including (but not limited to) keyword and display advertising, social media, press and analyst content, video, email marketing, newsletters, and webinars.
- Collaborate with our developer relations and engineering team to plan campaigns, amplify their content, and empower our users to build amazing things.
- Recommend, implement, and operate marketing automation tools.
- Own strategy and implementation of community channels (forums, Slack etc.).
- Develop quarterly plans for events (conferences, meetups, webinars, livestreams, Twitter Spaces etc.) and execute events.
- Operate our social presence including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and others as the business evolves.
- Build and manage a high performing influencer network.
The Superpowers You Possess
- Passion for all things community including growth, engagement, and relationships.
- Hands-on experience in hosting logistics for events in online and offline formats.
- Demonstrated ability to manage social presence and grow community engagement via Twitter, Linkedin, Twitch, and other developer-centric channels.
- Meticulous project management skills, ability to collaborate in remote environments, high bar for quality of output.
- Empathy for software developers and enthusiasm for technical topics.